Friday, April 12, 2013

How To Knit Red Heart Boutique Sashay Scarves

My Mom was telling me about this beautiful scarf that her friend has. She told me that it is knitted using Redheart Sashay yarn and how she would love to learn how to make one. After a quick search on Youtube...I found a video tutorial by Mikey @ The Crochet Crowd ...... I emailed it to Mom and a couple days later she called me all excited.


She made herself a
 Sashay Scarf.  
Here she is....modeling her scarf.

So I got to thinking....I want to make one.  The only problem.... I don't know how to knit with needles. 
Talked to Mom and she said....you watch that video and I'm sure you will be able to make one.  
I went and bought the yarn and some knitting needles,
watched the video about 5 times and .......


tada..... my first knitting project :D 
(Thank you Mikey)



1 ball of the *RedHeart Boutique Sashay  yarn costs about $5.00 and can make one scarf.  I also bought some *Bernat Twist &Twirl  thinking  it was the same, but the holes are smaller. I did check though, and Mikey has a video using that yarn also.  Hopefully by the end of this weekend, I will have a few Christmas presents made.  
Anyone wanting to learn how to make this scarf or many other projects,,,check out the videos over at  The Crochet Crowd .  They have many great video tutorials and written patterns for crocheting, loom knitting, and knitting.
Hope you all have a great weekend
~Lorri~

No comments:

Post a Comment