Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Monster High Inspired Hat

 First Post in a long time. I've been busy working on Christmas presents. Not wanting to take the chance that anyone would see what they are getting, I haven't posted anything that I have been making. 
But... this hat is for my friends little girl who loves "Monster High", and I am pretty sure her Mom doesn't allow her to be on the world wide web, so I figured it would be safe to post this.  Now that my kids are older, I am out of the loop and had to look up what Monster High is.  After doing a Google Search on "Monster High Inspired Hats" and searching through Pinterest, this is what I came up with. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The earflap hat pattern is based on the 
**Hello Kitty Hat Pattern**
by Crochet in Color 
http://crochetincolor.blogspot.com/2012/03/hello-kitty-hat-pattern.html
Her directions are very easy to follow plus she has a link to her sizing chart, in with the pattern, that was a big help.
*I changed the color to pink for rows 14 and 16.

The Skull was a little trickier. I was looking for something more for a 6 year old and not a scary looking Skull. I found one by Natasha Barill on Ravelry. 
To get this Free Pattern, you must be a member of Ravelry.  
 ****Skull Pattern (Monster High Inspired)****
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/skull-pattern-monster-high-inspired
I used a smaller hook so I would end up with a smaller Skull. 
Her directions are, also, very easy to follow.
Her Bow was a little smaller than what I wanted, so...

My Bow:   SC a chain as big as you want the bow to be.
               *Ch1, turn, SC across*, repeat this until you have a rectangle. 
               For the middle, I made a chain 2 I-Cord 
              (basically an I-Cord, but I only chained 2-to keep it small).
If you don't know how to make an I-Cord, There are many great videos on youtube.

Sew your Skull Applique onto your Hat and you are done. 

I'm sorry I don't have an actual pattern written down for this, but I am sure you will find these 2 patterns very easy to follow.
A Big Thank You goes out to Liz @ Crochet in Color and
Natasha Barill @ Homemade Treasures on Ravelry for 
sharing these Awesome, Free Patterns!


No comments:

Post a Comment