Thursday, December 19, 2013

Crocheted 'Converse' Slippers

Most of my project ideas come from places other than My brain. I wish I could design these items, write the pattern, create and post as quickly as others...But that just isn't going to happen. 
Ravelry is my 'go to' place for inspiration and patterns. Some are Free, some Not.  If you aren't a member yet...follow this link...http://www.ravelry.com/invitations
and create an account. I can assure you wouldn't be disappointed. 
For some reason I have a problem following just one pattern. I usually end up combining 2 or more patterns to get the finished product I want. When I do this...I will try to explain what I did different. 
Thank you for stopping by and Happy Hooking :)

Crocheted Converse Slippers


 
1. Finnish version: by Manuela Waliczek-Raczka @ Handimania
Great pictures-Pattern is worked a little different than the English version.  http://www.handimania.com/crochet/crochet-converse-slippers.html
2. English version: by Jenster's Creation
This pattern is available as a Free Ravelry Download.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/shoe-slipper

***I used the English version when making my slippers.



For the White Patch:  I switched to a 'G Hook', followed the directions for 'Star' and added a row 3: SC in first st, 2 SC in next, SC in next, 2 SC in next (around)...30 SC

Star: 'E Hook'
*Start with Magic Circle
*10 SC in ring
*(SC, DC, CH1, SC) all in same stitch, slip stitch in next stitch.-around

Lace: 'E Hook'
*Chain 100

No comments:

Post a Comment