Friday, May 17, 2013

Knitting Project #3/ Round Knit Dishcloth

                                                   
    When I was on the search for a new, easy knit pattern to learn.  I came across the pattern for a Round Knit Dishcloth,,, Everywhere..... This pattern must be another one of those favorites that has been passed down from generation to generation. 
It took me about 5 times of looking up different patterns for a Round Dishcloth, knitting it and ripping it out, to decide I needed to write down the directions in a way that me and my Mom could understand.

  • I like patterns that have 'how many stitches' you should have at the end of each row. That way I know I'm on the right track with a pattern.  All the patterns I found only gave that on the very last row.   Being new to knitting,,,every time I got to row 10,,,I either didn't have enough stitches or to many. 
  •  It is easier for me to count,,, how many stitches to knit,,,, than it is how many I need to leave on the needle.  The patterns I found said...  (example:  k3, yo,  knit all but 1,2,3,4,ect....) 
  • also,,,,,I kept forgetting which way I was going. I think that is why I always had the wrong number of stitches on row 10....and yes....I was keeping , at least I was trying to keep,  track on paper.  Didn't help when I was trying to knit and watch tv at the same time. lol.  So that is why I split the row up into part A and part B and which direction that row should be going. 
So.....after a lot of knitting, ripping and counting... here is my remake of an all time favorite pattern.  
***May 18, 2013: Correction made to 10B. 
Thanks Mom for catching my mistake. I'm sorry if anyone else had to rip out their work.

The Round Knit Dishcloth
 Needle Size: 8 
 k-knit    yo-yarn over

'A' rows: Knit towards the CENTER
'B' rows: Knit towards the EDGE

Cast On: 15______________ Left Hook___ _ ____Right Hook
1A____k3, yo, k11                       1                            15 
1B____turn, knit back                                                     16
2A____k3, yo, k11                      2                            15
2B____turn, knit back                                                     17
3A____k3, yo, k11                      3                            15
3B____turn, knit back                                                     18
4A_Bind off 3, k2, yo,  k8             4                           12                         
4B____turn, knit back                                                     16
5A____k3, yo, k8                        5                           12
5B____turn, knit back                                                     17
6A____k3, yo, k8                       6                           12
6B____turn, knit back                                                     18
7A_Bind off 3, k2, yo,  k5              7                            9        
7B____turn, knit back                                                     16
8A____k3, yo, k5                        8                            9
8B____turn, knit back                                                     17
9A____k3, yo, k5                                                      9
9B____turn, knit back                                                     18
10A_Bind off 3,                           1                           14      
         DO NOT YO, knit 14 (picking up stitches that were held) 
10B____Turn, Knit all 15 stitches            

*Repeat Wedge Pattern until there is a total of 7 wedges.
10B____(on the 7th Wedge only)
Bind off the 15 stitches, Ending at the EDGE with 1 stitch left on needle. 
Finish off leaving about a 15" of yarn.  Join sides together down to the center. Weave yarn through center and pull to tighten. Tie a knot to secure and weave in ends.   

  • For those of you, like me, who needs a visual or video to learn....Here are some pictures for rows 1-4 and then 10.  Rows 5-9 you will have to follow the chart for 'how many to knit' and 'how many stitches you should have' for each row. But,,,hopefully these pictures will give you an idea on how it works. 
Hopefully I have been able to help some of you. and Mom....I'm expecting a phone call in a couple days, letting me know how many you have made :D












     

No comments:

Post a Comment