Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Knitting Project #2 /Baby Blanket

This one is for my Mom....I was telling her I found a pattern at LionBrand to make a Baby Blanket using almost the same exact pattern we use to make the dishcloths. The only difference is,,, You Cast On 5 instead of 4 and you have to use circular needles. She has been knitting for years,, but has never used circular needles. Time to learn :D

You can find the pattern here...Baby Love Diagonal Baby Blanket
***Keep scrolling down until you come to the pattern.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like the Dishcloth, I added an extra row of knit 5 to mine. 
I think it looks more like the rest of the edging. 


Also, I had 2 skeins of Caron- One Pound Baby  yarn, on hand, that I'm using, so I wouldn't know if I need to add or subtract a few rows until I get there. 



I'm just going to keep knitting until I think it looks like a good size for a baby blanket. 


This seems like a great way to get my knitting down before moving on to purling.  
The next project is going to be a round dishcloth. I chose it because it uses all the stitches we have already learned, just in different ways, to make a different pattern. 
After that,,,I will be looking for a pattern with some purl stitches in it. 
My Mom is patiently waiting for that one.                                                         









No comments:

Post a Comment